DE Concealed Carry Training March 3-4 at SpecDive Tactical in Alexandria VA. Some Common questions answered.
Here are Some Common Questions About Our DC Carry Class om March 3-4.
Why Two Days?
A D.C. Concealed Carry Permit no longer requires “just cause to carry” and is (for the time being) a “shall-issue” jurisdiction, but it does require permit holders to complete at least 16 hours of firearms safety training and at least two hours of range training with a minimum of 50 shots successfully fired.
If I Have a Virginia or Maryland Concealed Carry Permit, Does That Transfer to D.C.?
No. Even if you have a permit from any another state, you still have to submit an application to possess a gun in the District of Columbia and to conceal carry in public in D.C.
How Much Does it Cost?
The 2-day D.C. Concealed Carry Training at SpecDive Tactical is $325 plus range fees and ammunition. The other fees are the DC application fee is which is $75, plus another $35 if your fingerprints are not already on file.
What If I Applied Under the Old Carry Law and was Rejected Because I did not Demonstrate a “Good Cause to Carry”?
You have to reapply, but you will not have to pay the $75 fee again.
DC Concealed Carry Class at SpecDive – The Details
Presented by DC Learn to Shoot in association with and sponsored by SpecDive Tactical, 5710 General Washington Dr., Unit E, Alexandria, VA 22312, specdive.com, 703-941-4867
DC Concealed Carry Course at SpecDive Tactical in Alexandria Virginia
Class room hours:
Saturday, March 3, 2018: 8:30 am to 5 pm
Sunday, March 4, 2018: 9 am to 5 pm
Range sessions to be scheduled individually with students
Lead Instructors: George L. Lyon, Jr., of DC Learn to Shoot and Arsenal Attorneys, Jerry Rapp, Owner, SpecDive Tactical
Course fee: $325, plus range fees and ammunition, click here to register
Course is taught by an MPD Certified Concealed Carry Instructor. It will cover all material necessary to qualify for the DC Concealed Pistol License, including:
- Firearm safety
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Situational awareness and de-escalation, managing unknown contacts
- Defensive shooting, malfunction clearances and tactical movement
- Registering a firearm in DC and applying for the DC Concealed Carry License
- Drawing from a concealed holster
- Gun retention and takeaways
- Firearm and equipment selection and maintenance; concealment options
- DC and federal law regulating the possession, transfer and transportation of firearms and ammunition and limitations on carrying a handgun
- Law of self-defense and the aftermath of a violent encounter
- Tactical shooting drills using SpecDive’s laser simulator
- Two hours of range time including the 50 round DC shooting test
Students will need a carry gun, strong side holster and cover garment. Students lacking a carry gun or holster, may rent equipment for a $10 fee.
Training materials and DC forms necessary to apply for the DC Carry License and to register carry handguns in DC will be provided as will a pizza lunch on both days.
To Book it Today and Get Your DC Concealed Carry Permit.