DC Concealed Carry Training in Virginia – Indeed! If you travel to DC, you’ll need a DC Permit as DC does not honor any other state carry permits.
The Good News is you no longer have to provide a valid reason to carry in DC. In legal terms they’ve moved from a “may issue” to a “shall issue” jurisdiction in early October 2017.
Even Better News…
SpecDive Tactical DC Concealed Carry Training in Virginia
“But I don’t live in DC.”
Pursuant to the DC regulations for Concealed Carry…
You must live “Within the United States and a license to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person issued by the lawful authorities of any State or subdivision of the United States;”
“Within the United States and meets all registration and licensing requirements pursuant to the Act;”
No state issued carry permit is valid while in DC. The only way to legally conceal carry in DC is with a DC permit.
Therefore, it’s necessary that if you travel to DC, and wish to carry, you’ll need a DC Carry Permit.
SpecDive Tactical DC Concealed Carry Training in Virginia at SDT
Presented by SpecDive Tactical, 5710 General Washington Dr., Unit E, Alexandria, VA 22312, specdive.com, 703-941-4867
DC Concealed Carry Course at SpecDive Tactical in Alexandria Virginia
Class room hours:
Saturday 8:30 am to 5 pm
Sunday 9 am to 5 pm
Range sessions to be scheduled individually with students
Lead Instructors: Jerry Rapp, Owner, SpecDive Tactical
Course fee: $325, plus range fees and ammunition, click here to register
Course is taught by an MPD Certified Concealed Carry Instructor. It will cover all material necessary to qualify for the DC Concealed Pistol License, including:
- Firearm safety
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Situational awareness and de-escalation, managing unknown contacts
- Defensive shooting, malfunction clearances and tactical movement
- Registering a firearm in DC and applying for the DC Concealed Carry License
- Drawing from a concealed holster
- Gun retention and takeaways
- Firearm and equipment selection and maintenance; concealment options
- DC and federal law regulating the possession, transfer and transportation of firearms and ammunition and limitations on carrying a handgun
- Law of self-defense and the aftermath of a violent encounter
- Tactical shooting drills using SpecDive’s laser simulator
- Two hours of range time including the 50 round DC shooting test
Students will need a carry gun, strong side holster and cover garment. Students lacking a carry gun or holster, may rent equipment for a $10 fee.
Training materials and DC forms necessary to apply for the DC Carry License and to register carry handguns in DC will be provided.
For more information contact: Jerry at 703-941-4867
To Book it Today and Get Your DC Concealed Carry Permit.